Ongoing lineup thread for 2013

Aglets

Never too early right? :) Man, April cannot get here soon enough.

There will be a six inning intrasquad game today in Sarasota.

Here are your lineups! (courtesy of School of Roch).

Team 1:

Adam Jones CF

Wilson Betemit DH

Chris Davis 1B

J.J. Hardy SS

Manny Machado 3B

Nate McLouth LF

Steve Pearce RF

Brian Roberts 2B

Matt Wieters C

Chris Tillman RHP

Team 2:

Xavier Avery CF

Russ Canzler DH

Alexi Casilla 2B

Ryan Flaherty SS

Travis Ishikawa 1B

Jason Pridie RF

Trayvon Robinson LF

Taylor Teagarden C

Danny Valencia 3B

Mark Hendrickson LHP

I'll be pulling for Team 1.

• Replies 978
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Never too early right? :) Man, April cannot get here soon enough.

There will be a six inning intrasquad game today in Sarasota.

Here are your lineups! (courtesy of School of Roch).

Team 1:

Adam Jones CF

Wilson Betemit DH

Chris Davis 1B

J.J. Hardy SS

Manny Machado 3B

Nate McLouth LF

Steve Pearce RF

Brian Roberts 2B

Matt Wieters C

Chris Tillman RHP

Team 2:

Xavier Avery CF

Russ Canzler DH

Alexi Casilla 2B

Ryan Flaherty SS

Travis Ishikawa 1B

Jason Pridie RF

Trayvon Robinson LF

Taylor Teagarden C

Danny Valencia 3B

Mark Hendrickson LHP

I'll be pulling for Team 1.

Is that really the "lineup" for Team 1? WTF? Is Buck even TRYING to win this year?

:D

It's funny. And it's also impressive just how detail-oriented Buck is. He's batting Jones first, because he wants Adam to get as many PA as possible before leaving for the WBC. The rest of the guys he just bats alphabetically, which has absolutely no merit that I can think of, other than it shuts down reporters who are trying to investigate (or create) lineup controversies. Which come to think of it, I'm sure is exactly why Buck does it that way. Especially with B-Rob finally 'healthy,' Buck is no doubt aware that his lineup position is going to be examined extremely closely this Spring.

• 3 weeks later...
Everyone of these guys is on the cusp of staying on the roster. Not a sure thing among 'em. On the other hand, with the exception of Pedroia and Poppy I like our J.V. team as much as the SUX' starting 9.

You don't think Casilla is a sure thing? Or Reimold? I'd be shocked if either isn't on the roster.

You don't think Casilla is a sure thing? Or Reimold? I'd be shocked if either isn't on the roster.
I think Buck may be having thoughts about Flaherty. And Reimold has to get healthy enough to play on the field. Also think one of Pearce, Jackson, and Ford, could get traded.

People don't trade for guys like that, they wait for them to get waived/released at the end of ST. No way the O's can keep all of these guys in the system.

I don't know why all these guys can't stay in the O's system to start the season. There are going to be injuries. Heck, Reimold may start the season on the DL. He is not totally healthy now.

Archived